Total Football Academy Introduces Friday Futsal
Total Football Academy is pleased to introduce the addition of a brand new futsal programme to our weekly training schedule for the 2019/20 season.
Futsal is a variant of association football played on a hard court, smaller than a football pitch, and mainly indoors. It features similarities to five-a-side football. Futsal is played between two teams of five players each, one of whom is the goalkeeper. There are many benefits of playing futsal to a young player’s development which include the following:
- Smaller pitch makes it harder to find space which develops skills under pressure.
- Smaller heavier ball supports close control and manipulation.
- Research indicates players receive the ball up to 6 times more in futsal.
- Players exposed to 1v1 situations during the game which promotes decision making and positivity in possession.
- Speed of the game promotes physical mobility as well as physical aptitude to react to different situations quickly.
- Emphasis on skill and technique, not physicality (foul count).
- Played indoors so not subject to the weather!
Source: English Football Association – www.thefa.com
Our new futsal programme will take place on Fridays at The Factory Southside Youth Space on the Galvone Road in Limerick. The programme is available to young players aged 8-16 years old and is designed to compliment our weekly academy training on Mondays at the Delta Sports Dome. The training times for the first 12-week term of the season are listed below.
Monday Academy Training Times at the Delta Sports Dome:
4pm to 5:30pm – Under-8s to Under-11s (born between 2012 and 2009)
5:30pm to 7pm – Under-12s to Under-16s (born between 2008 and 2004)
Price: €10 per weekly session (€120 for the 12-week term)
Friday Futsal Training Times at The Factory Southside:
5-6pm – Under-8s, Under-9s & Under-10s
6-7pm -Under-11s, Under-12s & Under-13s
7-8pm – Under-14s, Under-15s & Under-16s
Price: €5 per weekly session (€60 for the 12-week term)
The first 12-week term of the season commences on Monday 2nd and Friday 6th September. For more information please contact Anthony O’Neill (Phone: 083-1771040 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
To reserve a place in Total Football Academy please complete our online registration by using the following link: https://totalfootball.ie/book-online/academy-registration/